Get Involved At Petrova
The Parents’ Club relies on Petrova parents/guardians to help provide activities for our families and students. There are many ways to get involved, big and small. Read what Petrova families, staff, and teachers have to say about Parents' Club activities in our 2011 survey.
Activities and Events
- Homework Haven - Volunteers needed the first Monday each month during the Faculty Meeting from 3:20-4:15pm to help students with their homework.
- Lunchroom and Playground Monitors - Volunteers needed from 11:30am - 1pm. You could volunteer once a month, once a week, daily, etc.
- After school activities - Chaperones needed for afterschool activities from 3:30 - 4:30pm, again you may volunteer regularly or once in a while.
- Picture Day - October 21 during the morning and early afternoon. Parents collect picture orders and help students with thier appearance.
- Halloween Party - An afternoon of games and other seasonal activities for the students in late October at Petrova Elementary School.
- Book Fair - Volunteers work 2 hr shifts during the school day and some evenings, staffing the register and helping students select from a variety of books. Held in the Fall and Spring.
- Holiday Giving - Kids select gently-used gifts for family and friends in December at $0.25 per item with proceeds donated to a charity voted on by the students. Volunteers needed on and off throughout the school day for a variety of activities, including sorting, wrapping, and packing up remaining items for donation.
- Winter Carnival - Takes place during Saranac Lake’s Winter Carnival in February with indoor activities for kids. Volunteers needed for a variety of tasks to staffing the event, cooking, bake sale, tickets, etc.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon - A meal in early May for staff and teachers. Volunteers needed to help organize and cook.
- Fun Day - An end-of-the-year carnival for students in June. Volunteers needed to chaperone kids, run games, help handing out food and beverages, etc.
- School Beautification - Planting flowers in spring and fall.
- Football (JV and Varsity) Homecoming Games Concession Stand - Concessions sold during the Homecoming games. Volunteers help set up, sell, clean up and have fun.
- Holiday Raffle - Local businesses donate a huge number of prizes that are given out each day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Only 1,000 raffle tickets are sold and you have a chance to win multiple times!
- Red Storm Blankets - These sweatshirt material blankets are available for $30 by contacting the Parent's Club through our website, and at local stores including Ace Hardware, and the Pack Basket Diner in Gabriels.
- Holiday Tree Fundraiser - Trees from a local tree farm are sold through the Parents’ Club and distributed December 7, 2013 at the main door (door 2) the school between 9-11 am. Orders are due by Monday, December 2.
- Daffest Bake Sale - Baked goods donated by parents for sale during the box car races at Daffest.
- Box Tops for Education - Box Tops labels are collected in a jar in the Main Office throughout the year and submitted three times a year.
- Labels for Education
- Price Chopper Tools for Schools - Link your Price Chopper AdvantEdge card to Petrova through the Tools for Schools website. Each time you use your card, you earn points for our school to buy supplies.